Posted on Thursday, December 31, 2020
Last night the government announced that Stoke-on-Trent was to go into tier 4. A recent spike in Covid-19 cases and a large concern about a new strain of the coronavirus spreading more quickly into the country has left parts of us having to cancel Christmas, something that has left many families disappointed as their Christmas plans are lost.
But what about the property market? Do these new regulations affect your move for the new year? No, they don’t!
The new rules tell us that people living in a Tier 4 area must not leave or be outside of their home except for where they have a specific purpose, or a ‘reasonable excuse’ and that includes going to work and MOVING HOME.
But while people are still allowed to move home, those outside an individual’s bubble should not help with moving property unless absolutely necessary, according to the guidance.
Also tells us that estate and letting agents and removal firms can continue to work, with property viewings still allowed to take place as long as they adhere to Covid safety guidance, which includes social distancing and wearing face coverings.
Housing secretary Robert Jenrick took to social media to confirm that renters and homeowners in England will be able to move and removal firms, tradespeople and estate agents can still operate by going inside homes.
Writing on Twitter, Jenrick said ‘Housing market update: the sales and rental markets remain open in all tiers. All associated activities can continue as before.”
What are the new restrictions in tier four?
- Residents should stay at home unless they have a ‘reasonable excuse’ such as work or education
- All non-essential retail will have to close, along with hairdressers, nail bars, and indoor entertainment venues.
- Gyms and indoor swimming pools, indoor sports courts and dance studios must close.
- You cannot meet other people indoors unless you live with them, or they are part of your support bubble.
- People should not leave tier four areas or travel abroad except in limited circumstances (work or education).
- Weddings and civil partnership ceremonies are not allowed except in exceptional circumstances.
What are you allowed to do in tier four?
- People can meet one other person from another household in an open public space.
- Buying things at shops which are still open such as food and medicine.
- Support bubbles remain unaffected, as do the exemptions for separated parents and their children.
- Outdoor pools, playgrounds, sports courts, golf courses and horse-riding centres can stay open.
- Leaving home for work, education, training, childcare and medical appointments or emergencies.
- Communal religious worship.
Absolutely amazing service from start to finish. I needed a lot of help and advice with various things and they could not do enough. A stressful time in my life made stress free because if their...
As a part exchange deal on a new build, the housebuilder appointed 2 agents, after a few weeks, 1 wasn't performing and I asked to replace them with Liz, who totally outperformed the agent...
Been amazing from get-go - from viewing to moving in. So helpful! So friendly! And very understanding of students!
Sold my house through Lizzie at Quality Estate Agents 100% recommend really friendly & helpful & half the price of the other agents!
I’ve delt with a few landlords and ladies through my life and I have to say, Quality Estate Agents are a breath of fresh air. Down to earth, lovely people who have even been there with...
Just moved into a Quality Estate Agents property and so impressed with everything, from the genuine and professional manner of my landlords to the all the homey touches that really make the place...
Amazingly friendly and helpful landlords, Lizzie especially is lovely and always willing to help. Spotless house when I moved in and very reasonable rates, couldn't recommend them enough.
HMO minefield, was about to sell up as all the new regulations are now too much for me as I work full time, so really didn't need the stress when I get home from work. After chatting to a few...
Great management company, as a landlord they have gone the extra distance to rent my property.
Quality Estate Agents are the best ever people I have worked with so far. The are really dedicated to their job, very helpful and very hardworking. I would highly recommend them to anyone who...
I have been with Quality Estate Agent a year now and can honestly not fault them, they are very professional and reliable. They take a very proactive approach to finding you tenants and managing...
I came across Quality Estate Agents in 2016 they were Quality Lets back then. Alex sold me a portfolio of 4 student houses, absolute magnificent deal and perfect services, Elizabeth has been...